Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 11--God's Protection

Yesterday after a fun morning with a dear friend, something happened that was the most personally horrifying experience of my life.  That might sound like an exaggeration, but it isn't.  I won't go into details but the event that occurred could have ended tragically.  Over the past 24 hours I have had quiet moments in which I relive the incident and am immediately stricken with guilt and fear.  An individual from my church sent me an email to remind me that every time I start to relive what happened I need to praise God for what didn't.  Every time my mind wanders to the dark place of the incident I audibly praise God for His protection.  My children probably think I am going nuts, or maybe they don't even notice.

This last day has been hard but, also a good reminder of how my life is not my own.  My children's lives are mine to guide and help grow but are ultimately God's to protect.  Things that are dangerous are always out there but how cool is it that we have a Heavenly Father who is watching out for us and keeping us safe.  Psalm 18:30 says, "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him."  Yesterday God was a shield. A literal shield.  Today I am so thankful for His protection in my life everyday and especially in the situation yesterday.  I know that what happened will be in the forefront of my mind in the coming days and weeks but I also am so thankful to know that there is someone greater than me looking out for my life and the lives of those I hold so close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment