Friday, November 6, 2015

Day 6--10 Years of Marriage

When Andrew and I met at Houghton in the spring of 2002 it wasn't love at first sight.  I was engaged to someone else and it wasn't until nearly a year after that engagement ended that we started dating.  Andrew chased me around for a while, got his family to woo me, made sure I got a job down the road from where he was working and once we started dating I was done.  I knew he was the man I was going to marry. Our dating relationship started awkwardly with me saying, "Andrew I like you," he replying with a very certain "I know," and nearly two years later we both said, "I do."

Our first years of marriage were challenging.  We were married young, he was 21, I was 23 and we decided to grow up together.  We both had a lot of growing up to do.  Neither of us was set in a career choice.  I was finishing a degree I didn't want any longer, he was working a job he didn't like and we were both trying to figure out what was next.  In our early years we spent a lot of time exercising, even more time eating, watched a lot of Sabres games and slowly figured things out.  Eventually he went to law school, I completed a second graduate degree  and we started our family.

Ten years ago, ten years seemed like a long time to be married.  Now I am not sure how it  passed so quickly.  As a couple we've grown so much and learned so much about how to live with another person.  We've been so blessed in our marriage to one another.  We've grown our family and grown up.  I can't imagine being on this adventure with another person.  Andrew is my rock.  He works tirelessly to provide for our family, loves our children deeply, loves me unconditionally, and most importantly puts God first in our family and lives.  I can't wait to see what the next ten years hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment