Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7--Andrew's High School Friends...

When we moved from Morgantown to Fredonia we were not excited about leaving our friends especially knowing that there are not a lot of people our age in our new small town.

Last night we went to celebration dinner at the house of two of Andrew's childhood friends--Heather and Kevin. Heather made delicious seafood alfredo, salad and I brought dessert. She even had sparkling grape juice for me, the nursing mama.

Last summer when we were living in Fredonia, we hung out with Heather and Kevin a couple of times and knowing that they lived here made the transition a little easier. After we moved here, Heather and I walked a handful of times together throughout the summer and we began what has become an almost weekly tradition of dinner together. They've come over here several times and we've been to their place several times. They are our guinea pigs as I try out new recipes and give me excuses to make desserts that I think look yummy. They even watched our dogs for us last weekend!

After a few months of living here and many shared meals, I am thankful that Heather and Kevin live nearby, love to eat yummy food and have accepted me into their circle of friendship. I look forward to many more meals, many memories, and many more laughs in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment