Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving. Every Thanksgiving since we started dating we have spent together. I'm not really sure what Thanksgiving looks like without Andrew. As a married couple we have spent Thanksgiving in three different states: New York, Wisconsin, and Georgia.
Eight years ago I spent my first Thanksgiving with the Brautigam family and our friend Mark. We started our morning like any good turkey eater should and ran ten miles. The ten mile run, Cable Hill, was a run started by Andrew's dad and a couple of friends twenty nine years ago today. Over the years the run has had roller skiers, mountain bikers, and even a participant that ran part of the hill backwards--actually the same person did all of those things in different years. Leaving from the Brautigam's house the journey takes you up hill until the base of Cable Hill Road--a 0.9 mile road that goes straight up hill. The run is fun until the base of the hill. At the base it turns into a race that has bragging rights that last for the year. On my first Thanksgiving with the Brautigam's I started the women's division.
Today much like my first Brautigam Thanksgiving, we started our morning with Cable Hill. We had seven participants and I am proud to say that Andrew won.
After our run we relaxed with family, watched the cutest baby ever and ate entirely too much food. In addition to our traditional dinner favorites we had four pies and a cheesecake to split between six people. It was a quieter Thanksgiving than in past years but it was fun to spend time with very dear people.
As this Thanksgiving draws to a close I am thankful for a day that is set aside to reflect on all of that which is wonderful in life. We are so blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment