Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 20--Weekends

It might seem silly to be thankful for the weekend when I get to stay at home every day but as this weekend draws to a close, I feel incredibly blessed.

For our little family of three a weekend means a lot of time with Andrew. We try to sleep in, make delicious breakfasts, hang out, go for walks, visit the grandparents and enjoy life together. At least one weekend night we spend with friends and most weekends share at least one meal with Andrew's parents.

Weekends mean I get to go for long runs, go to the store baby free and have hands free while Andrew is hanging out with the little guy.

This weekend was full but fun. We made deep dish pizza Friday night, spent the day in Houghton for the marathon yesterday and then enjoyed a delicious meal at Daryl and Sharon's as we welcomed home Joanna for Thanksgiving break. Today we went to church, relaxed around the house, went for a walk and enjoyed dinner with Heather and Kevin. Though the weekend is coming to a close I am really looking forward to the week ahead as Andrew has off two and a half days which means an extended weekend. Now that he is working full-time and no longer a student the days we have to hang out are even more special.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment