Saturday, June 18, 2011

Short walks with the Ornery Dogs

Since being a cyclist isn't expensive or time consuming enough in and of itself, I've decided I need another equipment intensive hobby.

After shopping around a bit, I decided on photography. Now nerdiness abounds.

I've actually wanted a DSLR for quite a while. My sister and her husband helped stoke this fire by getting a canon a couple of years ago. This past summer I bought a Canon S90 point and shoot, and preceded to take 2700+ pictures in 5 months.

The fire was even more stoked.

Shelley and I got together and cooked up the cutest baby in the history of babies.

The fire was raging.

So, as a combination Graduation, Fathers Day, Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter, Anniversary, Birthday, and Christmas present, Shelley encouraged me to get a DSLR.

So I did.

Who needs presents on holidays, anyways?

So now, in addition to being a dorky guy that walks around in stretchy shorts and clicky shoes, I'm a dorky guy that walks around with a big camera hanging off of my neck. I've begun to delve into the strange, dark, and uber-nerdy world of photography forums.

Most importantly, though, I've been taking scads and scads of pictures. Are you ready to see some pictures? I sure hope so, because they are a-coming.










1 comment:

  1. I love the second to last picture, the one of Ben in his chair. "Yes Dad? What's up?"

    ReplyDelete