Starting with the last weekend in September, either all or one of us was gone every weekend. It was incredibly fun and incredibly exhausting. We went to Dayton to visit Dan, Hilary and Lauren, I went to Houghton for my TEN year college reunion, Andrew went to Deerfoot for work weekend and we both went to Houghton for a 15.5 mile trail run. Between weekends away, small group, night court and life in general we were all a little exhausted.
The second day of November however, was a Saturday. A Saturday with endless possibilities. The weather was dreary and cold, our schedule was pretty open and I'd planned our favorite dinner. I started the morning with a short run followed by teaching Body Pump while Andrew hung with the little guys. For the rest of the day we puttered around the house, cleaning, organizing, cooking and hanging out. We ended the day with dinner with Andrew's parents at our house and as I spooned creamy risotto into my mouth I felt incredibly thankful for a Saturday to just be in our house as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment